BOOK CLUB ALERT!

I’m very happy to say our Scholastic Book Club orders arrived late last yesterday afternoon.  It will take us a few days to collate the orders, but we aim to have orders sent home this Friday.

I did notice that some parents had ordered online after I had closed the existing order (which shouldn’t be a possibility), so I am still awaiting delivery of these items which should hopefully arrive later this week in time for a Friday delivery.

Breakfast Book Club

Due to a science incursion being hosted in the Library THIS FRIDAY, our breakfast book club meeting date has been changed to the last day of the term – Thursday 13th April @ 7.45am in the library.  I can’t wait to see everyone there with their dream animal cage/enclosure, their home for Armitage or with any other creative response to Ratburger.

I hope you loved the book as much as we did – it has all the elements of great story telling and it is easy to see why David Walliams is being  hailed as the “next Roald Dahl.”  I love his writing so much and have seen firsthand his books inspire so many of our children to READ.

WOW!  Just wow, we have been absolutely gobsmacked, stunned, overwhelmed and delighted by the enthusiasm and energy our kids are putting into the Premier’s Reading Challenge.  We have over 1/4 of our school already finished the challenge and are looking forward to once again achieving 100% completion in 2017.

Here at CLG we LOVE to READ!

Simone

2 thoughts on “BOOK CLUB ALERT!

1. i understand clashes happen from time to time and as i have a plane to catch that morning will most probably not been able to attend with my grandson. there has been a build up with reading a chapter each night and arranging so he can attend. have you considered using another room as it is before school? sometimes a booking is a booking especially when it has been made some weeks ago. thank you for your consideration

• Good morning Glenyss, thank you for your suggestion. I have in fact changed the location as of late yesterday afternoon, however the real issue is with my time! As I am coordinating the incursion on the day, I need to be available to the visiting staff from 8.00am to support their setup. This requirement wasn’t communicated to me until last week, which as you know was well after the Book Club date was set. I didn’t want to race through our first book club or be constantly interrupted and having to leave our meeting. I’m so sorry that the changes aren’t compatible with your personal schedule, but sincerely hope that you will be able to join us for our second book club. Have a safe flight and a wonderful Easter, Simone